Most people coin the lack of time and their busy routines as the main reasons they don’t read books or watch movies. To debate against it would be a tall task as we have all been victims of the “rat race” – an endless, tiring pursuit of success and money and happiness that has no beginning or end. Things have changed drastically though in the past couple of days. The world has slowed down and our routines are no longer the same.
The COVID-19 quarantine has turned lack of time into luxury of time. Books and movies have become priorities instead of alternatives and this is the perfect time to indulge. When some see a crisis, others see an opportunity. Books and movies are a productive way to fill your passtime. It’s a form of escapism, learning and reflection. Where do you begin though? How could you possibly choose from the endless collection of books and movies amassed by humanity? Don’t you worry as we have your back.
Our employees here at Axios Holding have put together a list of their favorite movies and books to keep your intellectual juices flowing through the quarantine. Our suggestion? Go through the entire list and you won’t regret it.
Movies & Series:
• I am Sam
• How to lose a guy in 10 days
• Sci-fi thriller: “I AM MOTHER”
• Netflix series: Blacklist and Outlander
• Looking for Alaska – John Green
• The Power of Now – Ekhart Tolle
• The Host – Stephenie Meyer
• The Spider Network – David Enrich
• Soar!: Build Your Vision from the Ground Up – T.D. Jakes
• Blood on Snow – Jo Nesbo
• The Little Book of Hygge – Meik Wiking
• Living Loving and Learning – Leo Buscaglia
• The Silva Mind Control Method – José Silva